Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 Christmas Windup part 2

So Christmas Day was ROUGH! I had only gone to sleep at 1am and my Kayla is used to being let out in the morning by at least 6:30 and I'm not even sure what time it was when she woke me up. I groggily stumbled to the nearest door to let her out. Then I flopped back down on the bed for more zzzzzz's. A called me then to wish me a Merry Christmas and to tell me to be careful driving home in the evening. I didn't talk much because my head was POUNDING and I was feeling OLD! I heard Mom, Jerry and Kane opening up gifts, but my head hurt and I just went back to sleep. I woke up a few hours later (still feeling rough) and discovered that Santa had left a stocking for me! It has been forever since I have been good enough to get goodies from Santa but there they were...new makeup brushes (I can NEVER have too many of those!!), a beautiful marcasite snowflake pin, a Christmas scarf, cashews and some body scrub and lotion. It was so special to get my goodies from Santa.

I took some medicine for my head and slowly began to feel better and better. Watched Christmas movies with Mama, Kayla, and Al (Kane had Christmas toys to play with!!)

Then that afternoon Kane and I went to Daddy's. I love my Daddy so much (love my Mama too!) I just wish he and Linda would stop buying all the presents. We all agreed years ago that the kids were the only ones to get Christmas presents...I guess I just need to resign myself that even though they agree, they are probably not going to stick to it LOL! I got the prettiest cross necklace. It is silver and there's a dove on the front. It is very, very tiny which is AWESOME because I had been wanting a tiny necklace of some kind (this is unusual because I usually like big chunky jewels...LOL). A got a wallet, which was awesome because he actually needed a new one! I'll try not to wash this one in the washing machine.

I got back to Memphis on 12/25 at 11:20pm. Tired but so happy A was at home and awake. I also discovered that the present my friend Mary E had given me a couple of weeks ago and told me not to open until Christmas has apparently been hidden by one of the cats (ok, so I know this has to be Starbuck, she has just started carting off anything she can carry to "hide"). I've looked in the easy places, but I think maybe it is hiding upstairs in my craft room and that will take me a while to go through...lots of hidey places there...(that's why I haven't thanked you for it yet Mary E).

I loved seeing my brother and my sisters. I was so glad to get to tell Danelle how much this year's Christmas devotional touched me. Don't get me wrong, I have always enjoyed them...but this one was extra special and meaningful. I was amused to hear that she was a little unsure about sending it out and thought it was morbid... and happy to hear that loads of people had felt the same way I did about it.

Everyone was in pretty good health and the kids were all ecstatic about their Santa gifts. We missed having Stefanie, Sydney, McKenzie and Celie but I hear they are so happy and better off living in Florida so I'm glad for them.

I hope everyone's holiday was as nice as mine.

I also hope to go through and get some pics and projects up this week. I do work every day (January 1 is my first holiday to work for 2010) but I'm hoping to get lots done this week. The house HAS to be clean for New Year's...that's my big NY tradition LOL!

Hugs,
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)