Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birthday/Sympathy...combined

Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday and thanks to the holiday...I forgot to mail his card in a timely manner. Good thing my sister's are getting the present, so at least that won't be late. Anyway his card is going out today. I designed this myself using the Summer Vacation seasonal cartridge and Plantin Schoolbook (used the font). I so love using the Gypsy to customize. The card is just plain cardstock (which I "borrowed" from T) and I used red stickles to make the letters look appropriate for the sign (I believe it's Christmas Red).  Misc bling from the jewelry department was added to make the "lights".


I really love the way this card turned out. The background is a Hero Arts cling stamp, and maybe my favorite of these to date. The flower is from Kiasercraft, the bling is Hero Arts, Misc Ribbon and the kraft grid paper is actually from some K and Company packaging that I scrounged at a crop earlier this year (someone was just going to toss it, can you believe that???). The other paper is from the Kioshi collection from Basic Grey with some misc ribbon and lace from my stash. I love using the premade cards that you can pick up and this black one is from a large pack from Michaels. 
TFL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)