Saturday, July 27, 2013

Use it if you got it!

So I've been playing a lot with ClearScraps Acrylic lately (um, did you know they are looking for DT members). I have had a love affair with acrylic since the first time I worked with it. I haven't been using it as much lately, but I got a box of goodies from ClearScraps and went to town on them. Um, actually I wound up being inspired to use up a bunch of pieces that I found in my stash by them, but I can't wait to use the new stuff also... oh and I REALLY used my Doily Mascil I'll be sharing the projects I made to try out for the DT at a later time, but I stamped this piece of ClearScraps Acrylic, it's one of their ATC sized pieces, it was the last one in my package, I stamped a little ice pop from Lawn Fawn's Here's the Scoop stamp set and the "thanks" is from Paper Smooches' Chit Chat set. I stamped everything with black Staz-On ink and then colored in using my copic markers. To make the ice pop guy look all icy I covered him with Rock Candy Stickles. I discovered that while Fabri-Tac is great for adhering acrylic to paper, it will take off your Copic Marker Coloring, so the orange on my ice pop guy smudged a bit and I added some older Making Memories Tiny Alpha Stickers that I've been hoarding along with those awesom sparkly Bazzill "self adhesive bling stones."

That solid blue is from my stash, I've had it so long I don't know where it came from (how did that happen?) The flag/banners in the back are from little scraps out of a MME Kate and Co. 6x6 pad, the backer for the acrylic piece is from the 3x4 cut apart sheet from Crate Paper's The Pier collection. Hmm, did I mention I colored on the acrylic with copic markers?

I feel really good about this cute little card. I have another cute embellishment I created using my the acrylic that's kind of different and I'll be sharing that with you next week.

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)