Saturday, November 23, 2013

Lawnscaping Challenge #70, Take 1!



I adore the polkadot/ star snowy background from the Let it Snow set of Lawn Fawn Stamps. So when I saw Challenge #70 was Polka Dots I couldn't resist making a card from this set, and since I needed some on hand I also used the Happy Hanukkah set.
I used a kraft cardbase that I had on hand, Some fine White embossing powder from Inkadinkadoo, some paper from the new Cosmo Cricket Creative Girl 8x8 paper pad, some scraps of a piece of paper from Glitz Design's Yours Truly Collection and two Wilton brand doilies. I stamped the Menorah in Spice Tin colored Ink (Jenni Bowling for Ranger Dye Ink) and then filled in the flames with gold stickles. I also brushed around the edges of the doily with the ink and REALLY swiped the inkpad on the doily I layered underneath the first one.
This card is fairly simple, I then stamped Happy Hanukkah on a scrap of the Glitz Design paper and embossed, then cut the flag end and adhered it to my card. That background is simply one of my favorties. I think it's so fun and versatile!

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the stamping on the doily! Great idea and fab card!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)