Saturday, December 7, 2013

Entry for the Lawn Fawn 2014 Catalog Contest






I really love Lawn Fawn... they make the cutest stamps. I got out all my fawny stamps to make a card and at first I wasn't going to make a Christmas card... but then had the CUTEST idea... so I took a piece of watercolor paper and my favorite snowy background stamp from Let it Snow. I heat embossed the background with white embossing powder then used Broken China, Faded Jeans and Peacock Feathers distress inks to make my evening sky. Then I sprayed the whole thing with Perfect Pearl Mist in Perfect Pearl. I cut two pieces of the watercolor paper and sprayed them with the same mist to use as snowbanks. Then I laid these aside to dry. I stamped out the castle from Critters Ever After a couple of times after masking off the door pulls so that I could use some candy treats from Sweet Christmas in their place. I stamped the unicorn from Critters Ever After and the trees from Sweet Christmas and the Santa hat from Hats off to You. The sentiment is partially from Sweet Christmas (um, yes I cut one apart, it's ok, it still stamps). And I used Smitty's ABC's to spell out magical. I used white embossing powder for my sentiment and colored in all the images with copic markers. I added two layers of Distress Stickles in Clear Rock Candy over the snowbanks when the Perfect Pearls mist was dry. Then one layer over both trees. I used Gold Stickles on the Santa Hat. I used pop dots between castle layers and the tree on the left. I used multiple layers on the unicorn because I LOVE that little guy and wanted him to stand out! I also used Crystal colored stickles on the horn and hooves because, I can... and I think it makes my unicorn more magical.

And for a better photo...


1 comment:

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)