Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

I have been playing with the Silhouette on and off today, as today is January 1 and I am off work. I won't be posting this until 1/2/14 so I wanted to just fill you in on a few things.

2013 was a WONDERFUL year. It was full of loads of exciting adventures in this new city that I came to live in at the end of 2012. I had a personal goal this year to complete one layout each month, and I have completed a total of 18 layouts. They weren't all about 2013 but there were several in there that were such therapy for me and I am so glad that I have let that become a bigger part of my life and sharing with you.

I have made some fun trips this year that I haven't scrapped yet and I have some paper pulled out right now from the December Scrapbooks Circle kit ready to put together a minibook to hold all of my photos that I took for Heidi Swapp's Holiday foto find... scavenger hunt, I mean she basically tricked me into doing a December Daily LOL. I've wanted to do one for a couple of years, but I was having so much fun taking photos and making holiday cards that I did not actually make the book then.

I have layout ideas floating around in my head for a Superstition layout, but I'm waiting for some feedback from family members before I get started, the journalling is going to be heavy in this one :).

I've signed up to take this stencilling class from May Flaum and will be taking it very soon... it's so affordable and I LOVE her teaching style.

I have also signed up to take this class from Shimelle which is tips and tricks on stretching a collection pack which is something I have had a great time doing... and Shimelle always has such good suggestions, I love her teaching style and watch her videos over and over again and I really feel like she has helped me improve my own style so much this year. Also it's very freeing to hear a "professional" saying that you don't have to exactly measure everything, I mean I don't usually but it's good to know I have that kind of support :).

I have entered lots of challenges this year, mostly at Lawnscaping and Paper Smooches but as I've scrapped with tons of inspiration from their videos, I finally started submitting some projects over at TwoPeas and I also entered some challenges over at Scrapbook Circle since I started subscribing to their kits. They even had a designer choose one of my layouts to scraplift (that's the link I set back there).

I have tried out for SEVERAL design teams and have gotten a gig guest designing for one of the places I applied to. I got some lovely rejection letters, and I'm not going to let that stop me. I have some goals for this year and they will be scrapped and up later this week.

I appreciate each and every one of you readers and I hope that you see things here that inspire you.
Here's another look at the layouts I did in 2013:



























(If you counted 19 layouts, it's because I counted the two-pager as one layout.)

Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)