Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Entering Lawnscaping Challenge number 79!

I have been away from home petsitting and ITCHING to try out some of the techniques I learned at TRUESTAMP 2014. OH my goodness! I was so glad I was not within reach of my stamping supplies while I was participating, but all the good new things I want to try out (and buy...LOL). LOVED that event. If you like online classes I highly reccommend!

Anyway the challenge this time over at Lawnscaping is Try a new Technique.


The Lawn Fawn gang of Kelly Marie and Chari taught a class at TS2014 highlighting interactive cards. I used the technique shown by Kelly Marie to make this card for a very special and "cardworthy" person who has a birthday coming up.


Here is another pic of the card lying flat... it's hard to get good photos of shaker cards...

I used Sharp backdrops to clear emboss the background onto watercolor paper and used various mists to do a soft wash of colors for the background (the front piece of paper is actually green but it is so light it doesn't really read green in the photo). Then I stamped out the hats from Hats off to you and colored them with the same mists used in the background. The banner is from Home Sweet Home and the sentiment  is also from Hats off to you. I used the Technique of using Matte Medium to form the twiddly bits at the top of the hats... and the poofs as well. Then I used Stardust Stickles to add a hint of glitter. The sequins came out of a pack of Lawn Ornaments that I had bought in December and I used the white and green ones, along with some seed beads from my stash in my shaker. The shaker is the actual front of the card and I am SO happy at how it turned out. 



1 comment:

  1. What an adorable birthday shaker card!! This looks like such a fun card to receive! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)