Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Special Order Baby book!

I have SEVERAL co-workers expecting babies, well two right now, the third one began labor Monday 4/28! NOW I can reveal that I created a baby book for her! (I'm not so nice that I did this as a gift, she commissioned it from me). This was truly a labor of love, and I put all my favorite hoarded Sassafras Lass Stash in here:

















This tooth tracker page was a special request and I didn't make it myself, I googled, and found one for free online, it was already in the correct color family for my book so I printed it and trimmed it to size.

The girl I work with is Hawiian and I asked her if it was ok for me to use the word Ohana on her family tree. I then found this awesome palm tree in the silhouette store. I cut loads of butterflies out of coordinating pink and blue papers for her to write names of her family on and glue to the tree... I cant wait to see it when it's all filled out. 








This is the "and all this happened" page, it has a Heidi Swapp inspired photo stack for news clippings and places to journal "things happening in current events" type stuff.

I used the We R Memory Keepers Albums made easy and customized some 4x6 cards, I made most of the book 12x12 double page spreads and unified it by making the background all kraft. I customized some thickers with stickles and used lots of Sassafrass Letter stickers with stickles added as well. There are also some tiny type from Cosmo Cricket.

I think I've said how much I love love love this book, I wish my photos were a bit better, but I didn't want to slide pages out of protectors because I was afraid something would happen, and I kept adding things... seriously this is the book I would want myself and my friend LOVED IT!!! I can't tell you how happy that made me. 

Thanks so much for looking. Have you made anything with your precious hoarded stash???



1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I love everything about it. So colorful and fun. I especially love the ohana page. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)